There is nothing better than a fun wedding! A beautiful evening surrounded by good food and drinks, great music and all of your friends! Whether its a causal farm wedding (hi, I’m from Kentucky and this is a thing here) or a fancy affair, weddings are sure to be a great time! One of the challenges about being a wedding guest is trying to find something to wear to fit the occasion.
For me, I struggle more with a formal wedding than a casual one– there seems to always be a slew of long, elegant dresses online… until you’re looking for one. SO my tip for this is: when you see one online that you like, go ahead and buy it. There will be an event in your future that calls for a nice, long dress and you will be SO relieved when you remember you have the bad boy hanging in your closet! This is one of those dresses for me. I had NO idea when and where I would wear it, but when I saw it I knew the occasion would arise and I would be so glad I had it.
While we’re on the topic of weddings, mine is in FOUR days… can you believe it? This is totally a dress I would wear if I were attending my own wedding. And (if we’re being honest), I would love to be a guest at my own wedding. I think that is a common sentiment amongst brides, or at least the ones I have talked to. A bride works her tush off on planning her wedding for MONTHS and then the day is kind of a big, beautiful blur. So, this is a reminder to myself to ENJOY my own wedding.
Have a more CASUAL wedding or event this summer? Here are a few of my favorites right now:
1. I love the lace detail on THIS ONE— so feminine and classic, at a great price point and comes in 8 colors!
2. THIS ONE is super cute and flirty, a really flattering shape and the prettiest color on all skin tones *currently on sale*
3. I can’t believe THIS ONE is currently marked down under $30! It is the prettiest and most flattering figure hugging frock! Such a classic cut– I have it in black!
4. A casual wedding is the perfect time to bust out your favorite set and THIS ONE is mine– I love that it almost looks like a dress, but its unique! This color is AMAZING for summer! and since it’s a set, you could wear them as separates, too!
5. A casual event is also a great time to wear your best romper– I love THIS ONE and it’s currently on sale! It comes in two different colors– dance floor, watch out!
What about a FORMAL affair? Here are a few other options:
1. Like the one pictured above, I LOVE a wrap dress! And THIS ONE is the prettiest silk and best color options! Such a flattering option & length
2. I love THIS ONE dressed up with heels or down with sneakers! Currently on sale for under $100
3. You can’t go wrong with the shape of THIS ONE— pretty and classic and universally flattering
4. I just bought THIS ONE for a fancier wedding I have at the end of summer and I can’t wait to wear it– perfect for dancing the night away — currently on sale for $53