I love New York City! There’s just something about being there that makes me feel alive, creative and inspired… maybe its the hustle and bustle, maybe it’s all of the workaholics being crammed on an island! Whatever it is, I love coming to the city and getting inspired and then heading back home ready to hit the ground running.
With all of that being said, I have lived in NYC for months at a time and visited multiples times a year my entire life… Here are a few highlights of things I love to do while visiting the city!
WHERE TO STAY:
- Central Park: 1 Hotel — really cool, nature inspired luxury hotel at the south end of Central Park! Amazing rooftop views of Central Park and Uptown Manhattan
- Upper East Side: St. Regis — my dad’s personal favorite, a NYC classic! Incredible service, great UES location and BEST lobby bar in the city– King Cole Bar
- Upper West Side: Mandarin Oriental — stunning views of Central Park and amazing Spa
- Times Square: EDITION — cool, edgy design with a stunning terrace that transports you to a jungle in the heart of Times Square
- Tribeca: The Roxy — rocker vibes in the heart of downtown with one of my favorite coffee shops in the city in their lobby — walking distance to Soho shopping
- Soho: Nomo Soho — on one of my favorite (most instagrammable) streets downtown (Crosby St.) and the best location downtown (in my opinion)
- Meatpacking: Gansevoort — another AMAZING location downtown! Close to meatpacking shopping and the Highline, really young and hip hotel // another Meatpacking hotel: The Standard — very exciting place to stay (with all the benefits of being in Meatpacking) with it’s very own biergarten on the street level and Top of the Standard Bar on the roof
- Brooklyn: 1 Hotel — again, love this luxury hotel chain — incredible views of the Brooklyn Bridge and Downtown Manhattan
WHERE TO SIP COFFEE:
- Variety Coffee — for the coffee lover
- Maman — French inspired feminine shop
- Bluestone Lane — cold brew as good as their avo toast
- Cha Cha Matcha — vibrant spot with delicious doughnuts and matcha lattes
- Jack’s Stir Brew Coffee — organic + vegan spot
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters — get the oat latte and thank me later
- Starbucks Reserve — for the coolest coffee experience
WHAT TO DO:
- Shopping on 5th Avenue– from luxury shops like Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Moncler to everyday stores likes Zara
- Tea at The Plaza– every little girls Eloise moment, sip champagne + tea and enjoy tiny sandwiches + pastries
- Central Park– take a stroll, grab a pretzel and enjoy the views *bonus points if you make it there in the fall*
- Grand Central Terminal– just for the experience!
- Broadway Show– I love Wicked, its truly a classic! On my bucket list: Hamilton
- Times Square at midnight: truly the part of the city that never sleeps– even forever21 here is open until 2am!
- Restoration Hardware in Meatpacking: grab some rose and a gem salad and take in the comfiest (and most chic) rooftop downtown… ma maybe buy a couch while you’re there, the Cloud is my favorite
WHERE TO EAT:
- Bubby’s — best fluffy pancakes in NYC
- Catch — sushi, filets, amazing appetizers! Love the wagyu gyoza and mini chicken sandwiches
- Jack’s Wife Frida — instagrammable and delicious brunch
- by CHLOE. — fun, vibrant and girly aesthetic with a little bit of everything on the menu, my fav is the kale caesar
- Nobu — sushi + hot plates, a must whenever I’m in a city that has one! My go to is tuna tacos and spicy tuna with crispy rice
WHERE TO TAKE PHOTOS:
- Dumbo, Brooklyn — get the perfect under the bridge photo
- Brooklyn Bridge — go early and catch the sunrise… and beat the crowds
- Crosby St. in Soho — the perfect downtown photo on this gorgeous cobblestone street, look uptown and you can see the Empire State building peeking through the buildings
- Flatiron Building — doesn’t get more NYC than a good crossing the street photo in front of the Flatiron building… bonus points if you get a yellow cab or two in the background
- The Highline — the perfect downtown photo op above the busy city streets
- Top of the Rock — obviously the best views in the city, check it out at sunset!
- The Boathouse in Central Park — quintessential NYC! Great place to grab lunch, take some photos on a canoe out on the pond!